Coronavirus COVID-19 Clearabee Update
Updated: 01/11/2020 11:30
In line with the latest Government guidance, all our rubbish removal, skip bag and skip hire services continue to operate normally and will continue operating during the lockdown announced on 31/10/2020.
Guidelines state businesses should remain open and that working inside the home is permitted.
We have remained operational throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and have undertaken extensive risk assessments of all our activities.
Rubbish Clearance Services (‘man and van’) - We are continuing to operate a same day clearance service across the UK. We are operating inside the home or office with one and two person teams taking appropriate precautions following the latest guidelines.
Skip Hire Services – Skips are being delivered in most cases within 24 – 48 hours. In some locations, it may take a little longer, but we will advise you of this.
Skip Bag Services – Skip bags we are picking up using our own fleet of vehicles are being collected within 24 hours. Bags with soil, inert and hardcore which require a crane or grab lorry are being picked up within 3 business days on average. Some regional delays may occur, and we will advise you of this.
Clearabee COVID Health and Safety
We have undertaken risk assessments of all our activities.
Precautions we take:
- All our staff perform a risk assessment in the morning before starting work confirming they do not have any symptoms of COVID-19
- Teams are issued with face coverings and are requested to wear these when inside customer properties
- Most of our teams are made up of two people. These teams are operating in a bubble wherever possible and are following guidance such as keeping windows down when driving and regularly washing hands
- We will ask you at checkout and the team may ask you before or on arrival, if you are isolating or have any COVID symptoms
Precautions we recommend you take:
In line with the latest guidance (November 2020) we are still operating inside the home when requested by the customer. When operating in the home there are several suggestions you may wish to consider which will reduce the risk to you and our staff.
- Consider leaving waste outside if it is easy for you to do so. This may prove more convenient for you and reduce interactions. We are an ‘in home’ service so please do not feel obliged to do this.
- Please leave doors open wherever possible, minimising the number of surfaces we need to touch
- Leave windows open and ensure ventilation around the home or office
- We recommend you leave the waste in one room and stay in another room while we undertake the removal
- We will not ask you to sign the tablet or Waste Transfer Note. This will be signed on your behalf in line with new COVID-19 regulations in regard to the transfer of waste.
- Avoid offering food or drinks as this could lead to contamination
A large portion of our staff now work remotely. However our Head Office remains open for staff who are not able to work at home effectively. Our work place is COVID secure.
- Glass partitions between desks
- Cleaning of all surfaces at least twice per day by our professional cleaning company
- Mandatory face coverings when walking around the office or using the toilet, kitchen or breakout areas
- Facial tissues and hand sanitiser issued to all workstations as well as sanitisation stations around the office
- Daily temperature checks of all staff
- Limiting movement between the three floors that our office staff now occupy
- Staff spread out to ensure large spacing between them (2m+) unless additional mitigation is in place